1/02/2007

January 1-Dinner

After recovering from my great New Year's I was not anticipating making dinner even though it's my first day of my personal challenge. It was a really simple dinner but tasted great after the New Year's Eve indulgences.

Menu:Grilled cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque.

The Roasted Red Pepper Bisque was definitely one of the best soups I had ever made. It's really pretty simple too. Not too many ingredients just a lot of cooking time. I simmered shredded carrots, an onion and garlic in a little bit of butter with one large can of drained roasted peppers. I let that cook on low for about 40 minutes and then added vegetable stock, herbs De Provence, thyme and salt and pepper.Let that simmer until reduced in half.On low it took about 1 1/2 hours. Pureed and then finished with 1/2 cup of half and half and some bourbon. This really is a versatile soup it would also be good with pasta as a sauce.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Yum, this soup sounds marvelous! I love roasted red peppers.