1/03/2007

Broiled Salmon with Mustard Glaze

Day 2 Dinner

Menu: Broiled Salmon with Mustard Glaze
Baked Sweet Potato
Mixed Green Salad with chevre, toasted pine nuts and raspberry vinaigrette

It's only day 2 and I notice I start thinking about dinner in the morning instead of at 7:00 p.m. when I'm leaving the gym. This menu was based on a catering recipe for a many mustards chicken. I believe that recipe was 4 different mustards, whole mustard seeds and some apple cider. I just mixed whole grain mustard with dijon mustard, added some dried herbs, lemon juice,olive oil, salt and pepper. From start to finish the whole dinner took about 25 minutes. Other than the baking time of the potato. I broiled the salmon for 5 minutes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper then topped it with mustard sauce and broiled for about 7 minutes more. I served the salmon over the salad.The contrast of color, flavors and textures was REALLY FANTASTIC. and Heart healthy. I like adding a little bit of fat with chevre and pine nuts, just enough for flavor but not too much to take away the health benefits of the greens, sweet potato and the salmon.

No comments: