12/07/2006

Finding Focus

If I looked over the past year, I'd definately say I had a strong beginning, a waning middle and a strong end. Because of my critique group and Lauri and Jene I've made much more progress on my writing life this year. But there is still a lot of work to do. I'm happy to say I finished an online food writing class that inspired me to concentrate more on my food writing than ever before. Next year, Countess Arugula is going to challenge me to "fall in love" with food again. After 20+ years as a chef, 2 restaurants and countless dinners, I have lost my love of cooking and like any relationship you have to work on it. My challenge is to make dinner 5 nights a week and blog on my feelings, menu's and food finds...right now my frequent dinners are rotisserie chickens, Chinese food and pizza, either homemade or bought I know the relationship is worth saving because when pressed I can still feel the old spark there...

No comments: