1/20/2006

Paris in the Spring....I mean Autumn Time



I vow to go back to Paris one day, just not in November. Although it was beautiful, it was so cold that we spent a lot of our time walking very fast to keep warm. Just another excuse to sit in a cafe, people watch...and drink chocolat fraud (hot chocolate) there's a good reason why its "I love Paris in the Springtime"

The food was of course, incredible... some noteworthy foods..

All the food in the Jewish quarter. Falafels, gyros, fresh salads, kabobs, pastries. Inexpensive, delicious and filling.




almond croissants...these are hard to find in the afternoon...so get up early to find them at the local patisserie

coquilles, (scallops) bought in the shell at the market

the best I ever had in my life and I've eaten lots of scallops having grown up in New England We brought them back to the apartment and prepared them very simply, in brown butter, shallots, and table cream

2 comments:

Lauri said...

All that food sounds and looks wonderful!

Welcome back to blog-land.

Olgy Gary said...

awesome photos...you take wonderful photos! Tell us more about your trip. And I'm glad you found your blog. :-)